Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Book Review: Nourished



More and more travel memoirs these days include chapters about food. And more and more books about cooking and food include exotic travel. The two go hand-in-hand and this combination is sure to increase within the book world as people expand both their physical and culinary journeys.

'Nourished' was a wonderfully written account of both. As a travel blogger, I was first drawn to the travel aspect, and Lia Huber did not disappoint. Her travel tales were immediately engaging. I started thinking about the places she included in this book and whether I should start planning trips to Costa Rica, Corfu, and New York City. I could practically taste them and feel the energy of each place and people as I read.

This is also a book about soul-searching. Much of her quest centered on her Christianity. Though this aspect of the book was not as interesting to me, I can certainly see the connections between her wanderings, cooking, and introspection. That's often why I travel: to see how a place changes me. To see how I grow. Just like Lia.












I received this book from Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment