Sunday, January 2, 2011

Places Foreign

This is a typical Monday at a park in Grecia, Costa Rica

I love pictures like this; random snapshots of daily life. Nothing special going on. Just a glimpse of people going about their daily routine someplace foreign. I have pictures like this tacked to the walls of my cubicle at work. Sometimes I just need to stare at them and be reminded that there's a whole world out there with people living their lives just like me. I have one picture of a woman sitting with a bag at a bus stop while a man in a jacket walks by. He's huddled against the air so I think it must be fall. There's a billboard in the bus stop of a beautiful blond woman. I think it's a shampoo ad, but I'm not sure. I can't read the billboard and don't even know what language it's in. There's litter on the street. I love to look at that picture and wonder what people in the other parts of the world are doing right that minute. How many times is that scene playing out at bus stops around the world?

I wonder if anyone else is sitting in a cubicle staring at pictures of strangers?

No comments:

Post a Comment