Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Perfect Mother's Day


Yes, I've been to the "Gone With The Wind" museum in Atlanta.
  
I don't need fancy Mother's Day brunches, dinners, or fanfare. This Mom isn't looking for jewelry or flowers to "let her know you care." My perfect Mother's Day is much more simple and can include any or all of the following:
  • a trip to the used book sale (which includes having my husband carry my box while I fill it)
  • lounging and watching one of my favorite movies (Gone With the Wind is always a winner)
  • having my hair brushed or my shoulders massaged
  • not doing any chores AT ALL
  • getting a paper rose and card that my daughter made for me at school
  • sitting and reading to my heart's content
  • being with my own mother, my husband and my children
  • eating crap that I shouldn't (but feel entitled to because it's Mother's Day)
This list is my plan for today. I hope all mothers have the Mother's Day of their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment