Sunday, September 2, 2012

Things Are Different Now

Time to create something new.


It's been two years. Two years of daily posts that captured my musings, daily experiences, fictional stories, travel, and thoughts. 730 posts. I can barely believe that even as I write it.

I started this blog to keep me connected to the writing world. I was inspired by the talks of Jonathan Harris, Story Musgrave, and other speakers that I heard at a conference I attended. They encouraged me to create something and share it with the world whether it was perfect or not. They urged me to "put it out there" and I did. And I've loved it. And it did, indeed, keep me tethered to the writing world when the rest of life was pulling me away.

That isn't true anymore. In the past few months, writing has played a more central role in my life. I have projects and assignments and works in progress that want to take over my life, if I'll let them. Daily Snapshot has become neglected. I feel like I've been limping along, hoping to make it to the end of the two-year mark, and I think it showed.

So now it's time for a change.

I don't want to end Daily Snapshot altogether. Instead, I want to make it a more purposeful expression of my writing. I want to write when I have something to say, rather than dutifully posting something each day. This is the metamorphosis; no longer Daily Snapshots. Now just Snapshots. When they happen. When they make me want to sit down and write something about them.

I've given the blog a fresh face. I'm starting clean. A new year. Year Three.

Here we go...
Snapshots.

3 comments: