Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Got Salt?


Looking to spice up your trip to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tennessee area? Dash inside the Museum of Salt & Pepper Shakers!

My husband and I couldn't resist going inside. There were thousands of salt & pepper shaker sets. I actually enjoyed milling around, looking at all the different designs. Or maybe I just enjoyed being child-free for half  an hour, since my children refused to come inside and waited in the car instead. I would have-- no, should have-- spent longer looking at the displays. But with a sulky teenager waiting in the car, I only looked long enough to get the flavor of the museum.

What's funny though, is that ever since, I cannot stop myself from picking up salt & pepper shakers at every yard sale, thrift store, or flea market and think about that museum and wonder whether they have the same set that I'm holding? I almost want to buy the sets I come across and send them down to Tennessee to add to the museum collection. Maybe the next time I'm headed down that way, I will.

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I hear the word "Gatlinburg" that commercial with the big Bear pops in my head. I'd go just to see a talking bear.

    ReplyDelete