Thursday, March 3, 2011

To Kristan and Sarah


After clocking too many overtime hours and drowning in work that seems to have very little to do with who I am or aspire to be, I had the pleasure of reading your blogs. I needed those. They reminded me of a simple fact that was getting lost in my life: I am a writer and take joy in writing.
It’s easy to get mired in work, life, kids, family, and minor disasters that eat up my days, thoughts, and energy. It’s easy to fall into a routine of going to work, paying bills, doing chores, and spending my days on things that don’t bring me satisfaction. I forget that writing can be the small act of pampering I need at the end of the day. Too often lately, writing gets categorized as something else I “need to do.”
But your blogs reminded me that putting words on paper is a joy. Sometimes the words make me smile, Sarah; or words come together so “cleanly,” Kristan, that I dream about living a literary life full of book releases and publicity tours.
Thank you both for reminding me of that. Thank you for reminding me that I need to wedge my foot firmly in the world of writing before I lose my balance.

For those of you who haven’t read Writing Dreams Into Reality or Folding Fields, check them out here:

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thank you Juliann! And I'm glad that we could be positive reminders. :)

    ReplyDelete