Sunday, March 13, 2011

200th Post


This is my 200th blog post. Cause for celebration of sorts, I think. Though daunting to consider writing another 165 to make a full year.

I've tried to vary my genres and have been surprised by some of the statistics to date. As someone who primarily writes non-fiction, I expected that to be the bulk of my entries. And at 36 posts, it is, closely followed by 35 essays (which are non-fiction, too). Thirty-three random thoughts...undoubtedly days when I didn't have anything else to say. Though to be fair, I have millions of random thoughts. In fact, some might say all my thoughts are random.

What's actually surprised me most is that when I think back over my posts, my favorites have been my fiction entries. I've been writing more fiction over the past couple of years and find that when I sit down and look at a picture and think up a story or a scene to go with it, those blogs are the most fun for me, and are the ones I like best.

So, two hundred down. An infinite amount to go. Look for more fiction to come in the future.
  • book review (6)
  • children's non-fiction (1)
  • essay (35)
  • fiction (31)
  • haiti (5)
  • journal (21)
  • list (4)
  • non-fiction (36)
  • poetry (18)
  • quiz (3)
  • random thought (33)
  • rant (2)
  • review (5)
  • travel (14)

1 comment: