Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ahhhh....Travel


What I love about travel is that first breath-taking moment when you are suddenly aware that a foreign place exists. The air smells different. The language around you is different. You are viewing a scene that you may never see again. You wonder who lives behind those windows and whether they ever get tired of this incredible scenery. Who are they? Where will they go on their bicycles? What did they eat for breakfast?

When I travel to a distant spot, I can't help but stop and realize that those people are all living their lives alongside mine. The universe becomes enormous, and smaller at the same time. Forevermore, I can look up at the sky and think about my own place in the world, but I can also imagine the lives that might be unfolding here, because now I know that this place exists, and these people are riding their bikes and eating breakfast behind windows.

1 comment:

  1. "The universe becomes enormous, and smaller at the same time."

    Yup. That's my fave part. :)

    ReplyDelete