Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dear Ms. Kitty



Dear Ms. Kitty,
How can I un-train my cat? He used to be an indoor cat, but now he insists on tomming around the neighborhood. He spends all day and all night outside, howling at the neighbors and enticing dogs to chase him home. I can usually find him stuck in a tree, meowing for help. I don't know why that cat can't manage to get down; he climbs up the tree with no problem.

Usually, after about an hour of waiting for him to figure it out, I give in and climb the tree to get him. Then he does the darnedest thing: he runs inside, uses his litterbox, then runs back out and tears through the neighborhood all over.

Ms. Kitty, he's driving me crazy. He spends all day outside and then comes in to use the litterbox? It doesn't make sense. Why doesn't he just do his business while he's outside instead of stinking up the house? And why can't he figure out how to climb down the tree like other cats do? How can I un-train my cat? He's developed some very un-catlike habits.

Signed,
Frenzied Feline Friend


Dear Frenzied:
I don't know whether you can untrain your cat or not. I'm actually more impressed with how well he's trained YOU!

Ms. Kitty

1 comment: