Friday, June 8, 2012

Postcards

Here's the postcard that started it all.



My favorite collection: postcards.

I've been collecting them since I was a little girl and my parents went to Hawaii. Over the years I've collected thousands of postcards, filling three shoeboxes so far. What I love most about this collection is that I can grab a handful of cards at random and read who wrote them, where they were, and where I was when they sent the postcards. It's a blast from the past and reminds me of friends and co-workers that I might have otherwise forgotten.

Lately, I've added postcards from Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Other treasures include postcards I picked up in Nicaragua, China, and tucked-away spots that other people just might not visit -- like Hamilton, Ohio. :)

I've also collected cards from Finland, Spain, Brazil, Russia, Australia, Iceland, Cayman Islands, Belize, South Africa, Chile, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, France, Germany, Italy, England, etc., etc., etc.

So, souvenir pennies and postcards. I'm pretty easy to please.

1 comment:

  1. That postcard made me so nostalgic and wishing for the days, once more, when you were a youngster and I got to be a "mommy" ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete