Friday, June 24, 2011
5 Hour Delay
My husband has a 5-hour layover during an upcoming trip and wonders what he'll do to pass the time. As someone who just had a 5-hour airport delay (shortly followed by another 4-hour delay), I can share how other people passed the time.
1. Drinking - the bars were packed!
2. Playing with electronics - as long as the batteries hold out, you're good.
3. Arguing with flight crew. That didn't get anyone anywhere. Literally.
5. Taking turns walking up and down the terminal. This only works if you're travelling with someone who can stay put and watch your bags. Otherwise, it's too much of a hassle.
6. Making numerous phone calls and working on your laptop. I think a lot of people got a lot of work done.
7. Cry - There were more than a few frustrated travellers who'd had all they could take.
8. Sleep - if you're one of the lucky few who can in a crowded airport.
9. Yoga - I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself, but one woman did a good 20 minutes of yoga at her seat.
10 Watch someone doing yoga - because if someone around you is doing it, trust me - you can't help but watch.