Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Venus Week



The Venus Week is described as the 5 to 7-day cycle, or week after a woman's period, when she feels at her most energetic, sharp and interested in sex. Her hormones are at their optimum; she feels more attractive, more productive, energized and focused. Doctor and author of The Venus Week, Rebecca Booth, says, "it is Mother Nature's gift to us as women: when we are most likely to conceive, we look and feel our best."

The Venus Week is an ideal time to tackle projects or do things that take courage, like ask for a raise. I can't help but feel a little cheated that I didn't know this sooner. I wish I could go back and see whether I was in a Venus Week when I did some of the monumental things in my life like sending my book off to an agent, asking my husband out on our first date, buying a house during my lunch break, or planning huge vacations. Do I write more when I'm in my Venus Week? Am I more creative and energetic? I know I've experienced bursts of energy and creativity, but never correlated it to anything in particular. Now I'll have to pay attention.

The Venus Week, huh? Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea. I may have to start paying closer attention to… Although I'm bad at remembering things like this.

    ReplyDelete