Friday, April 15, 2011

Ketcher - K9 Officer


There he is. He’s circling the room just like a puppy. He’s pretty. I expected a different dog. I don’t know what. Oh, he’s circling the room following Cresap. I wonder how often they do this? I wonder if he gets a treat for doing this circling? Oh my God, what if someone in this room has drugs on them or smells like drugs? Wouldn’t that be funny? Did anyone leave? But surely they would have known not to come. Okay, he’s still circling and I thought he would have found the drugs by now. Is Officer Cresap messing with his head? I want to get a picture. I shouldn’t stand up and move; I might get in his way, but I’m going to. I want a picture. What if he takes that as an act of aggression? But he seems like such a puppy. I miss Chipsy. I wonder what he'd do if he was here? Try to play? No, he'd be too afraid and Ketcher probably wouldn't even pay any attention to him. Okay, he found the drugs. He’s sitting down just like Cresap said he would! I’m taking a picture. Now he gets his rubber tube toy. He loves it! He’s running around like Chipsy. He’s just a puppy! It’s so funny that criminals are afraid of him. He’s no different than other dogs. Wait, yes is he.

Oh my God. He has his name painted on the cruiser! That is so cool! I want my name painted on a car. Cresap called this his office. I can’t see him. I know he’s up against the window. Do people bug him? Does he want out? Is it making him nervous that we’re all standing around the car like this? What if someone smoking pot walked by right now? Would he go crazy shut in a car not being able to do anything about it? I wonder if he’s ever started barking when they drive down a street where people have been smoking pot or something. Or by a house that’s a meth lab. If they drive by and Ketcher starts barking, could they go in and search? How far is his sense of smell?



That lady threw her keys. Okay, Cresap opened the door. There goes Ketcher! He’s running like a crazy dog. I miss Chipsy. He found the keys! Is he just going to lay there until Cresap comes and gets them? Oh, yep. Here he comes back. He gets his toy again. Ah, that’s cute. Oh, he’s getting back in the car. I thought he’d want to stay out here in the fresh air where it’s nice. We’re joking that he had to go back to his office. He’s still on the clock. Oh, good. We’re allowed to take pictures. I hope Ketcher doesn’t mind. He probably doesn’t care what we do now that he has his toy. Unless we all start carrying drugs. Is anyone stepping away?

2 comments:

  1. I watched a K-9 demonstration once. These dogs are amazing. I like the name on the car too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Love the running commentary. And of course love the puppy. Dogs are great, and they really are happier when they have a task.

    ReplyDelete