Monday, July 18, 2011

Lucy in Paris

As I've previously mentioned, I am a huge fan of I Love Lucy, as are my mother and daughter. So when we found oursevles in Paris at an outdoor cafe, we had to re-enact part of Lucy's French adventure episode. I ordered escargot intentionally, unlike Lucy, who had no idea what she was ordering in French. The waiter brought out our delectable dish and I almost -- almost -- asked him to bring me a bottle of ketchup like Lucy did. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was afraid he'd whisk my plate of snails away.

Luckily, I was with two fun-lovers who will do anything for a laugh, so they did re-enact Lucy's next stunt: they clamped the escargot tongs onto their noses just like Lucy did. Nearby I Love Lucy fans knew what they were doing, but to anyone else walking by, they just looked like crazy Americans.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! And I think it's awesome that some people around you recognized it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! ...and snails are quite tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete