Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shoulda Been Seven


It gives me the creeps to take snake pictures. I can barely stand to look at them. This one was at the Georgia Aquarium.

After I posted my Six Scary Snake Stories yesterday, my daughter quickly reminded me of another. So I guess it should have been Seven. (It could probably be seventy...it's anytime I've encountered a snake.)

7.  I was driving in Mt. Vernon, Ohio one night when I pulled into a Staples parking lot. I got out of the car and walked toward the store when suddenly on the sidewalk before me was a snake. I happened to be on the phone with my husband back home and naturally, I started hyperventilating and high-stepping it back to my car as he listened to my panicked hysteria that the snake was chasing me. I peeled out of the parking lot, screeching onto the street to get away from the snake as fast as I could. Except that at that point, I was irrationally afraid that the snake had somehow gotten into my car. My husband tried to calm me down as I blindly drove down streets I didn't know, both pressing the gas and lifting my feet because I was afraid that snake might have been on the floor of my car.



I don't know how I forgot that story in the first round. I think I try to repress these memories. But everyone who knows me seems to have a snake story to add. I don't want to hear them! I want to forget!

No More Snake Stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment