Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Roads That Get You There

I choose:  ALL the roads not taken!

Everytime I look at this signpost, my heart beats a little faster and I draw in a breath. So many options!  It reminds me of the C.S. Lewis quote that I've heard in too many presentations (usually about choosing a career path). It goes:

                     If you don't know where you are going,
                                                  any road will get you there.

I always smile when I hear it, but then realize that the person quoting C.S. Lewis is trying to illustrate a negative point. Something about focus, having direction, ... blah, blah, blah.

I choose to change the quote. I think it should read:

                      If you don't know where you are going,
                                                    EVERY road will get you there.

Why be confined to just one path????

No comments:

Post a Comment