Monday, December 13, 2010

He Said, She Said

Brusselsprout stalks we saw at Trader Joe's market
where we bought gingerbread coffee.


WIFE: Those are pretty. I'm going to get a picture of them for my blog.

HUSBAND: They're brusselsprouts.

(Minutes later in the car.)

WIFE: I like that picture I took, but I don't know what I could write about brusselsprouts.

HUSBAND: You're welcome I pointed them out to you.

WIFE: No, you didn't. I said they were pretty and that I wanted to take a picture.

HUSBAND: But I told you they were brusselsprouts. I was already looking at them.

WIFE: No, you weren't. I said they were pretty and pointed at them and then you said they were brusselsprouts.

HUSBAND: I was already looking at them.

WIFE: Like it matters who saw them first.

HUSBAND (allegedly says this): I'm going to go home and make some of that gingerbread coffee.

WIFE: Bake some coffee?

HUSBAND: I said 'make.'

WIFE: Oh, I thought you said 'bake.'

HUSBAND: Why would I say 'bake?' I said 'make.'

WIFE: I thought you were being clever because it's gingerbread coffee.

HUSBAND (shaking his head and sighing loudly): Ohhhh, I love you.

WIFE: This is what I'm going to write for my blog. I'm going to write about this stupid conversation.

HUSBAND (laughs). WIFE (laughs last).

No comments:

Post a Comment