Friday, January 6, 2012

Dolphins - Part 1 - Izzy

While we were in the Bahamas, our excursion included a dolphin encounter. The next few posts will share the reactions of my 11-year-old daughter, myself, and my husband on interacting with a dolphin.

    
          The dolphin encounter was amazing! We kissed him, hugged him, danced with him, gave him treats, and even got kissed by him! I am going to say my two favorite parts.
My first favorite part is when we got kissed by the dolphin. We walked into the water and the dolphin trainer said we had to kneel down. It was the coldest water I had ever been in and I went into water in Maine during the month of July. When the dolphin swam up to us for a kiss I didn’t know what to expect. Would it be soft or rough? It turns out he was soft and delicate. It was awesome!
My second favorite part is when we danced with him. He would wiggle and make you dance with him. One lady fell down because the dolphin was surprisingly heavy. There is not much more to tell you other than it was FUN! Other than that you will have to experience it yourself.

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I've been swimming with wild dolphins before, but they're not very interactive. I guess getting kissed by and dancing with a dolphin is still on my list of things to do then.

    PS: love the rainbow colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture!
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Izzy, I can FEEL your enthusiasm. I'm glad that you got this incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete