Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Viggling

(This is not my living room.)

I think maybe Valentine's Day and dressing up, going out for a romantic dinner, and the whole she-bang is probably celebrated more by younger, newer couples. My husband and I are an old, married couple -- still very much in love, but not so into 'painting the town red.' We spent the night at home, eating a heart-shaped pizza, watching TV, and Viggling.

Viggling? you wonder. What's that?

It's an app on our smartphones that let's us earn points to redeem for free prizes while we watch TV. Trust me, we're all over that. We turn on our televisions, let Viggle tune in and see what we're watching, then we watch movie trailers and play trivia games and earn points. In fact, part of our heart-shaped pizza was bought with Viggle points that I redeemed for a Papa John's gift card.

Sure, a romantic dinner might have been nice. But so was sitting in the comfort of our living room, vegged out on the couch watching Glee with our daughter and earning rewards while we did it. For us, home is where the heart is...on Valentine's Day or any other.


(Check it out for yourself on viggle.com)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, nice. I use Swagbucks to earn points, which I then redeem for Amazon gift cards. A lot of my holiday shopping was paid for that way this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Kristan. I'll check out Swagbucks, too.

    ReplyDelete