Monday, May 21, 2012

Polar Bears



In Native American culture, polar bears symbolize many things: ability to find their way and never get lost; solitude; expert swimmer through emotional waters; ability to find food where none seems to exist; strength in the face of adversity; communication with the spirit; creature of dreamers, shamans, mystics and visionaries; defense and revenge.

Polar bears are considered fearless and intelligent. Native tribes desired them as allies and considered them the embodiment of the spirit of the North.

If I were to erect a totem pole, the polar bear would be my dominant animal spirit. I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to them, but this is the third time I've written about them on this blog, and I seem to have a million pictures of them. As I wrote before, someday I hope to see them in the wild.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. Where, on your totem pole, would jelly fish be? I KNOW you have a lot of pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete