Thursday, September 15, 2011

Two Different Rides



"I wonder how high we're going? This is probably as big as the Eiffel Tower. I wonder who built this? They had to use a really big ladder and carry up a lot of tools. I don't think it can break. But maybe if there's an earthquake or something. Then it would rattle apart and those screws would come out. Or it could break in half and we could be stuck to one rail, hanging up in the air. If we hold onto these bars, we should be safe. We wouldn't drop out of the side. I wonder if I could climb down? A monkey could. I could climb down like a monkey. Or a squirrel. No, a squirrel would run down. I'd do it like a monkey. What about you?"

"I don't know. I guess I'd wait for the firemen to rescue us."

"You mean, go down a ladder? Cool! Or they could bring a helicopter and come down on one of those rope ladders and get us. Or wait! They could set up an inflatable slide and we could all slide down it. I wonder if they'd bring a crane? A helicopter would be my favorite. What about you?"

"I don't know. The ride's over."


No comments:

Post a Comment